Pages

Tuesday 22 May 2012

My family treasure

This is my family treasure- an oblong drum It says the name in Niuean. The name of the drum is  Mata Ki Luga.
This is my dad's dad's drum and my other grandad gave it to my dad before he died and my dad gave it to me when I was eight years old so I've kept it for one year. When I have the drum sticks in my hand I like to hit the drum loudly. It sounds like loud and its an instrument that we play at church when it is a special day. The time we always play it is when it's the church's birthday.

1 comment:

Jay said...

Your drum is very interesting Bono. I have enjoyed reading about it and why it is so special to your family. It would be great to hear you playing it as part of our Nuiean culture study in the next few weeks. Do the Niuean people have a unique beat pattern when they play the drum? Do people dance when the drum is played?
Mrs B

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.