Pages

Friday 22 May 2015

World War I report

This Term room 10 and I have been studying about World War I. This is the information I found out about World War I.

What was the cause of World War I?

World War I was caused, it was because on 28 June 1914 Archduke Franz Ferdinand, heir to the throne of the Austro-Hungarian Empire, and his wife Sophie were assassinated by one of the six assassins Gavrilo Princip in the Bosnian city of Sarajevo. Gavrilo was only Nine-teen years of age in 1915. The Next year, in 1915 Austria-Hungary decided to go to war against Serbia. When Austria-Hungary, Germany and Serbia went to war Great Britain came in and helped their allies.

Why did New Zealand go to World War I?

New Zealand and Australia joined forces with Great Britain to take down the Turks in Gallipoli. They also went to fight for freedom and to take down their enemy.

Where were the wars in World War I located?

World War I took place in countries such as Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia. There was also a place where Australian and New Zealand soldiers landed and it was Gallipoli.

What are Zeppelins?

Zeppelins is a large airship of the early 20th century. Zeppelins were used in the World War I they were also used for bombing. England was bombed by Zeppelins during World War I.

How did World War I end?

Germany had surrendered on November 11th 1918, and all nations had agreed to stop fighting while the terms of peace were negotiated. On June 28th 1919 Germany and the Allied Nations including Britain, France, Italy and Russia signed the Treaty of Versailles to end the war.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.